Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ice Cream Cake with No Baking

I had never thought about using ice cream sandwiches to make an ice cream cake before I seen it on Pinterest, so I had to make it and plus I really did want to use the oven. On I $ave on Everything from A 2 Z, you can find this simple dessert recipe that I chaged to make it my own (which means I used items with peanut butter). For the dessert you will need:


1Box of 12 individual wrapped Ice Cream Sandwiches
Magic Shell Reese's
Whipped Topping
2 Packets of Resse's (4 Resse's total)
Hot Fudge (Optional, I end up not use it)
Also these items from home:
Plate
Knife







Start by unwrapping the sandwiches and stacking them on the plate. Between each layer pour some of the Magic Shell Reese's.




The sandwiches should be 4 row high. Once that is done place in freezer for about 10 minutes so that sandwiches can set.




Now spread the Whipped Topping over the sandwiches and place back in the freezer for about 5 minutes.




Pour the Magic Shell Reese's on top of the cake and crumble the Reese's over top of the cake.




Serve.





Enjoy! Cover and place in freezer when done.




I brought the items for the cake at the same time i brought the items for the Chicken Taco Salad, so for the Magic Shell Reese's ($2.89), 2 Reese's ($1.98), Ice Cream Sandwiches ($3.67), and Whipped Topping ($0.99) I spent a total of $9.53.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My friend's mom serves a similar dish for special occasions and it's delicious. Seeing your pics is making my mouth water, I want to make my own!

Unknown said...

This looks really good. To be completely honest, when I read a cake without baking I was a little scared. But now, it looks so good I want to make it now! Great post!