Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Anniversary Chicken, Twice Baked Potatoes and Salad



On Sunday, I decided I would cook a meal that my family enjoyed when I cooked it at home.  It is also pretty simple to make when you’re having a busy day. These are all the ingredients you will need:

-4 Baked Potatoes
-Chicken Tender or Breast
-Teriyaki Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
-Mozzarella Cheese or whatever cheese you want
- Real Bacon Bits
-Honey Mustard Dressing
-Salad (Optional)
 Along with these items from home:
-Oil
- Salt
-Tinfoil
-Two pans
 -Bowl
-Spoons and Spatula




I started with the Twice Baked Potatoes because they would take the longest. For five people, using four potatoes is enough. To prepare, set your oven to 350°. Begin by washing the potatoes (because you will want to eat the outside of the potato, wash them with a little soap).







Once the potatoes are washed, you will need tinfoil to wrap the potatoes with after rubbing each potato with oil and then sprinkling with salt. Once wrapped, poke holes in each potato, so the heat can be released. Put the potatoes in the oven on the racks at 350° for about an hour and 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

Once the potatoes are cooked set them aside to cool. Lower the temperature of the oven to 250°.







Now that the potatoes are cooked you can began on the chicken. 

To begin, run water over the chicken to clean it. REMEMBER when working with chicken to WASH YOUR HANDS.

I used Chicken Tender with this recipe but you can use any type of chicken you want or have at the time.









 Heat a skillet to medium heat with a little oil in the bottom. Add about four of the tenders at a time and cook both sides thoroughly.

Once all the chicken is cooked, line a pan with tinfoil and place the cooked chicken on the pan side by side. 






Pour over the chicken first the Teriyaki Sauce and then the Ranch Dressing. Run a spoon over the chicken to make sure that all the chicken is cover with the sauce and dressing.  You can top the chicken with about anything once this is done; I decided to use Mozzarella Cheese and Real Bacon Bits.

Put the pan in the over at 250° for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

When the chicken is in the oven, continue with the potatoes.

Now that the potatoes are cooled, split each in half and using a spoon, spoon out the inside of each potato, leaving just the potato skins. 







Put the insides of the potatoes in a bowl.  Mix with Ranch Dressing, Honey Mustard Dressing and more Mozzarella Cheese and Bacon Bits.

Put the mixture back into the potatoes skins and top with more cheese.







Take the chicken out of the oven once all the cheese is melted and place the potatoes in the oven at the same temperature for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top.

This is how the potatoes and the chicken will look. 







After this you can plate up the meal, adding a salad, ending with a perfect Sunday dinner that was less than $25.






Total for everything I brought from Food Lion :






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, this makes me wish I had an oven in my dorm. It looks delicious! I'll have to have my mom check it out...she'll especially like that it's under $25.

Could you perhaps make a list of the ingredients and where you got them and for how much? It might make it easier for readers to get the same stuff you did at the same prices!

Arsherres Marie said...

Your page looks great, I have been wanting to cook more but be able to save money at the same time. The meal you prepared looks TASTY and I think I'm going to try it out.I plan on vivting your page everytime you put up a post so I can get some ideas and become a better cook.

CA said...

Enjoyed the photos. That always helps me on recipes. I'll have to try these with the Ranch. That sounds quite yummy!

Robert said...

It's nice to see that college students are getting into inexpensive, yet wholesome do-it-yourself home cookin'. Instead of take out...

Unknown said...

Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Love your complete chicken dinner on your blog.
I am an old firehouse hack cook and now into bbq after retirement.
I love your recipe.
Thank you again.
Mikey

Sonny J said...

I really would like to try this! It looks delicious, but as Courtney commented, it would definitely be helpful to know where you got these ingredients from!

I shall be forcing my mom to help me make this soon! :)

Peace and Blessings, Sonny J