Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chicken Biscuit with Eggs and Grits


Last year around the end of September and beginning of October, a friend and I went to West Virginia to watch my college play football while there we went to this restaurant called Perkin’s Restaurant & Bakery  and the food was great. We both tried this chicken biscuit that was covered in gravy and cheese and for this meal I tried to replicate but with my own twist. The ingredients needed for this meal are:

Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders (cut in half)
Italian Dressing
Buttermilk Biscuits
Eggs
Gravy (kind you prefer)
Quick Grits
Shredded Cheese
Along with these items from home:
Skillet
Large Pot
Small Pot
Cookie Sheet
2 Bowls


First remove chicken from packaging and put in bowl (Remember to wash hand when handling chicken). Then pour the Italian dressing over the chicken, cover and place in refrigerator for about 2 hour to marinade.




Then with the Skillet adding a little oil and heating it and cook the chicken until light brown.  




Place chicken on paper towel to drain extra grease and set aside.




For the side items you can choose what you want, but I brought items that could be made fast.

The biscuits I took out of the can and place on the cookie sheet in a preheated of 350° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.





I made the grits the same way I did before when I cooked the Sausage and Egg Casserole. Boiling water with salt and then adding the grits until they are thick then add butter.





For the gravy, I just opened the can and place in pot and warmed on the stove until it was ready to be served.




The last thing I did was make the eggs, you can cook them any way you want, and I scrambled mine and added cheese on top.





Once everything was cooked I plated the food. First I cut open a biscuit and place 2 pieces of the chicken in it then putting the top back on the biscuit. Next I put gravy over the biscuit and sprinkled with cheese. Add the grits and eggs to the plate to finish it up.


Serve.




Enjoy.







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Raven,

this looks like such a fantastic breakfast. Might treat myself to this on my day off :) great post!

Unknown said...

Raven, this looks absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try this out sometime! :)

Unknown said...

Raven,

I love this blog! This reminds me of the time we went to West Virginia. Now that you have mastered this, I'll definitely cook it for someone so they can enjoy it as much as we did.

AWESOME POST!!!!

Sonny J said...

This looks and was delicious to all wondering. I got to sample this dish! It was AMAZING.

The chicken marinated in Italian dressing was amazing. I've never had chicken marinated like that before.

Wonderful things! Wonderful things! :)

Arsherres Marie said...

This look yummy,I have never had this before it's making me hungry right now as I type. Great Post:)

Unknown said...

looks like somthing you get at cracker barrel