Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Freeze Pie


Again this week I was browsing on Pinterest and I came across this recipe for a Reese’s Pie, which only has five ingredients. So I went to the website, Coupon Cousins and tried out their recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Freeze Pie. These are the ingredients needed for the pie:

1 Keebler Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust (or use a regular Graham Cracker Crust)
1 large box of Instant Chocolate Pudding
1 ½ cups of Milk
1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Along with these items from home:
Rubber Spatula
Spoon
Measuring Cup
Bowl
Whisk
Cutting Board


I double everything because I made 2 pies.


Start by putting the Pudding mix in a bowl and adding the Milk. Mix together.





Then add in the Cool Whip and mix with a Whisk then with a Rubber Spatula.






Set the mixture aside.

Now unwrap about 10-15 Reese’s Cups.  On the cutting board, roughly chop the cup up.





Now add the chopped Reese’s cup to the mixture.





Fold the Reese’s cups in the mixture.







Now pour the mixture into the pie crust.







Chop up about five more Reese’s cups and top the pie with them.







Place lid on pie and place in freezer for about 15 or until you ready to serve it.

Cut and Serve.







Enjoy!


Since I double everything to make 2 pies the cost is a little higher then it would be for one pie. And remember on the receipt there is food for 2 meals. Everything was brought at Walmart.






My total cost for the Pies was: $13.85









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh- this looks and sounds delicious. :D
I'm definitely going to give this a try when I get a chance!
-Katie

Sonny J said...

I meant to comment on this a while back, but I had a slice of this pie and it was delicious!

I love Reese's and this pie had me set for the rest of the night!

I will save this recipe and make it for my midnight snack!