Sunday, February 3, 2013

Baked Spaghetti, Salad, and Garlic Bread


This meal may seem simple, but to me it’s a memory that I hold near and dear to my heart. Baked Spaghetti was one of the last meals my aunt made for the family before she passed away. I remember it being the best spaghetti I have ever had. Mine will not be near as good as hers but I will try my best.

For this meal the ingredients you will need are:

Hamburger meat
Spaghetti sauce
Spaghetti noodles
Garlic Bread
Shredded Cheese
Pepperoni
Salad (Optional)
 Along with these items from home:
Oil
Salt
Pot
Spoons and Spatula
Pan
Glass Pan
Strainer


To begin with adding water, salt and oil in a pot to boil for the noodles and in a pan place the hamburger meat to brown it.

Once the meat is browned, strain the grease off. 






Set aside the hamburger meat.

Once the water for the noodles begins to boil, add the noodles to the water. When the noodles are cooked, strain the water off and set aside.







Put the hamburger meat in the pot and add the Spaghetti sauce and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. After the sauce has simmered add the noodles to the pot.






Let the Spaghetti simmer for about 10 minutes and then you can start layering the Spaghetti in the Glass pan. Preheat the oven at 300°.

Beginning layering with the Spaghetti at the bottom if the pan.






Next add a layer of Pepperonis and Cheese.





Repeat each layer again, ending with Cheese on top.







Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until Cheese is melted.





Set aside to cool and place the Garlic Bread in the oven under the Broiler for about 5 minutes.






Once the bread is done, cut up into pieces.






When the bread is done you can serve the meal adding a salad to round out the meal.










 Enjoy!









This receipt may say I went over $25 worth of food from Walmart but I didn’t, because there are a few things I brought for my next post. So get the total for this meal you have to subtract the Hot Oatmeal, GV H4Y Corn (cereal), GV 100Z Mini (marshmallows), NTH PNT MLK (Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chips) and Milk, bring the actually total to….$18.64




1 comment:

Anthony Komonski said...

I never really thought of even baking spaghetti in the oven, though the end result looks amazing.

I should try this one of these days.