Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chicken Pie with Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Corn

It the end of the semester and this is my last Sunday dinner I have to write for my blogging class. That being said I chose to make one of my favorites... Chicken pie. And what is Chicken pie without the trimming but as always I did them with a twist. Ingredients needed for this meal are:

Chicken Tenders
Pie Crust
Red Skinned Potatoes
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken
2 Can of Corn
Fine Cut Green Beans (Frozen)
Also items found in the home:
Salt
Pepper
Sour Cream
Butter
Oil
Soy Sauce
Italian Dressing
Milk
2 Pot
Medium Pot
Skillet
Glass Pan
2 Bowls

Preheat the oven to 350.

Begin with adding water, butter and oil into one of the pots. Then added the chicken tenders and boil until all the chicken is cooked.



Allow the chicken to cool. While cooling open the cans of cream of chicken, place in bowl and then about 2 cups of the chicken broil from the boiling of the chicken. Stir until combined.





Then in the other pot add water and place about 8 of the potatoes and allow to boil until the potatoes are mashable.



Once the chicken is cooled, shred the it in a bowl.



Set aside. Then in the glass pan place one of the pie crust in the bottom. Them spread the shredded chicken evenly over the the pie crust. After that pour the cream of chicken mixture over the chicken.




Put the other pie crust on top and put in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown.

While the pie is in the oven mash the potatoes and add milk (add enough make them as creamy as you want), butter, salt, pepper and the sour cream to give the potatoes a twist.


Next, open the cans of corn and cook them how ever you want. I added salt and pepper with some butter and heated until it came to a boil.




Then in a skillet place the frozen green beans. As they heat up pour soy sauce and Italian dressing over them. Simmer until the green beans are tender.




By this time the chicken pie should be done as well as everthing else.



Serve.



Enjoy.


Unfortunately my mother brought the food for this meal for me so I did not get to keep the receipt but I do know the told cost was $14.82.

1 comment:

CA said...

I've never tried frozen beans in a skillet. Will have to give that a try. Your chicken pie also looks yummy.